AFTER CARE & MAINTENANCE
Automated Car Washes
Avoid car washes with brushes, as the brushes in these car washes are overly abrasive and can cause extreme wearing on the coating. Additionally, the brushes may have dirt or debris stuck on them from previous vehicles, which can scratch your coating. This will void the warranty of your coating. Touchless car washes are acceptable, but don’t use any after-wash “coating” options, such as “spray-wax,” as they may contain ingredients that can harm the coating.
- Use a pH-neutral car shampoo and the “2 Buckets Wash Method” to avoid scratching the paint.
- For optimal performance, the vehicle should be washed semi-monthly to prevent excessive build-up of contaminates on the surfaces.
- Do not wash the vehicle in direct sunlight, as it may cause streaking and water spots to appear.
- Wash the vehicle from top to bottom, cleaning the heavy contaminated areas last. Always utilize another set of mitt or sponge for the vehicle’s wheels to prevent cross-contamination.
- Always dry the vehicle with high-quality microfiber towels, and if possible, avoid leaving it to dry under direct sunlight. This will reduce and minimize the risk of waterspot etching.
- Never apply pressure when drying the vehicle with microfiber towels; allow the towel to absorb moisture from the surfaces.
- Avoid wiping in a circular motion, which can leave swirl marks, and instead wipe in a linear motion.
Stain and Spot Removal
- Do not use aggressive or abrasive products to polish the surfaces to remove stains and spots. This can damage the coating. Instead, use gentle products and avoid excessive pressure when cleaning. Bug splatter, tree sap, bird droppings, and other contaminants should be cleaned off as quickly as possible to minimize staining on the surfaces
Leather and Fabric Care
- Leather and vinyl surfaces should be cleaned semi-monthly to prevent excessive build-up of contaminates on the surfaces.
- Use a pH-neutral cleaner for leather and vinyl surfaces.
- For fabrics and carpets, vacuum often to ensure contaminates do not build-up under the surfaces.
- For any spills onto leather, vinyl, and fabric, wipe off the contents as quickly as possible to prevent stains.
Annual Inspections & Maintenance
Annual inspection and maintenance is a requirement for your warranty to last the duration of the listed term for each respective product. This is to ensure the product is maintained properly and to ensure maximum performance and longevity. Annual inspections and maintenance are carried out by a certified installer, within 30 days prior to the annual due date from the initial installation or the last annual inspection. If the vehicle requires cleaning for the purpose of the inspection, the costs associated will be the responsibility of the vehicle owner. Failure to complete the annual inspection and maintenance within the inspection window will void the remaining term of the warranty of your coating. Touchless car washes are acceptable, but don’t use any after-wash “coating” options, such as “spray-wax,” as they may contain ingredients that can harm the coating.